Whether you’re in middle school, high school, college, or beyond, one of the best parts about school is going on a well-deserved and much-needed break. From early September to mid-December, you work day and night for hours and hours on end perfecting projects, writing and revising essays, and studying for exam after exam after exam. Of course you’re exhausted–who wouldn’t be? And just when you thought you couldn’t handle anymore, the gates open up, the angels shine down, and the gods grant you a token for your hard work and dedication to your academics, athletics, and arts: a two-week vacation. While Netflix binges and sleep marathons are ridiculously appealing, try getting off your cozy couch (at least for a few hours a day) and consider spending your break more intentionally:
- Bake a new dish
- Discover a cause you care about and volunteer for it
- Apply for summer internships (it’s never too early)
- Set goals for next semester
- See a new movie
- Develop and stick to a healthy routine
- Curl up with a hot cup of cocoa and a good book
- Learn a new hobby or skill
- Visit a museum, go ice skating, or simply explore the great outdoors
- Reconnect with family and friends
Whatever you do this break, take your time and don’t overdo it. The point of a break is to find balance and renew all the energy you expended during the semester. So be sure to have tons of fun and stay safe! You earned it!
How are you spending your winter break? Comment below!