Did you know our sense of smell is tied most closely to our memories? Or that it’s our most powerful sense? Better yet, did you know there is a link between smell and our overall health? Smelling essential oils, in particular, have great benefits that go beyond smelling something pleasant when we get a whiff of something…not so pleasant. From helping us sleep and relax to improving our skin and digestion, essential oils can positively affect us mentally, physically, and emotionally. Companies like dōTERRA and Young Living have great starter kits that make it easy to grab when you’re on-the-go! Each range in price, so if you’d like to make your own essential oil kit, here are six essential oils and benefits to help get you started:
- Lavender works well on skin problems and also helps reduce stress levels.
- Peppermint boosts mental awareness.
- Frankincense reduces depression and inflammation.
- Grapefruit (and other citrusy scents) increases energy.
- Eucalyptus stimulates the immune system.